We hereby inform you about the processing of your personal data within the mobile application GEGEN NAZIS APP. Acquisition and processing of all data occurs in consent with the German Federal Data Protection Act.
GEGEN NAZIS APP is provided by
Verein für Demokratische Kultur in Berlin – Initiative für urbane Demokratieentwicklung e.V.
Gleimstraße 31, D-10437 Berlin
Telefon: 030. 817 98 58 17
Fax: 030. 817 98 58 29
Registered as a nonprofit association with Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichtes Charlottenburg, VR 22906
Authorized access and acquired data
GEGEN NAZIS APP requires the following access to data on your mobile device:
- location of the device
- photos, media, and further files saved on the device itself or a connected storage medium respectively
- device ID, phone number, as well as the current status of outgoing and incoming calls on the device
The access authorization is applicable for the following usage:
- The information about the location of the device is employed to designate the position on the displayed map within the APP. The display occurs exclusively on the respective device, a transmission via Internet does not take place. The APP is fully functioning without location data. To use the APP without location data, it is necessary to disable location assessment within the device’s operating systems’ settings.
- In order to locally save the map, and photos respectively, the local photo library respectively the internal or external storage of the device will be accessed. This will only be the case after the user’s explicit agreement using the commands “save image”, and “save map” respectively.
- The APP requires access to the device’s phone function to check its current status. This is necessary to guarantee the seamless functioning of the APP with other running applications on the device, in particular to make sure the APP’s performance is not affected by interruptions due to an incoming call.
Connection to the web content of GEGEN NAZIS
The APP is designed to implement information and display content of the GEGEN NAZIS webpage. The following data is transmitted to and saved on our webserver:
- IP adress of the connected device
- date and time of the connection
- URL address of the transmitted data
- status code (on whether the connection was successful)
- transferred data volume
- identification data concerning browser and operating system
The maps required for the functioning of the APP are provided by Open Street Map. On recalling the maps, only the server data is transmitted to Open Street Map Foundation. Any transfer of the APP user’s data does not occur.
On activating push message services, a randomly generated numerical identification code will be generated to ensure transmission of the push messaging service. Push messages enable instant display of current news items. You can disable this service anytime, whereupon the identification code on our server will be deleted.
The data mentioned above is used for technical maintenance and administration and used to enable the allocation of information.
We furthermore use the aforementioned data to register misuse and eliminate malfunction, as well as to provide public authorities with requested information, as entitled by law.
Utilization of user’s data
Any utilization or profiling of user-specified data does not take place.
this current version released on March 7, 2017